Our story begins in 1908 when Gerardo Coppola established a food and wine serving and trading business in Mercato San Severino, in Salerno, Italy.
In 1952, Ernesto Coppola, the last of Gerardo’s five children, began canning the ripe and flavourful San Marzano tomatoes grown in the area on an industrial scale. His canned tomatoes were mainly exported to foreign markets, where large Italian communities drove demand for familiar foods from home.
Throughout the 60s and the 70s, Ernesto’s five sons joined the business and oversaw its rapid growth. They built a new, larger plant on the land adjacent to the original cannery and consolidated their presence in foreign markets.
Today, as the third generation of the Coppola family we are still committed to delivering simple, good and authentic Italian food ingredients that are the centre of the Mediterranean diet.